The Community Nursery and Covid Levels August 2021
At Levels 4 and 3 the Community Nursery is closed to all visitors
At level 2 the Southland Community Nursery is closed to large groups of visitors (including schools). We will open for small groups of 10 - please book below. While the education centre is closed, our educator can come and visit you and your class at school, if your school requirements allow this. Contact tracing, physical distancing rules, hand hygiene etc will be followed. To ensure group size restrictions are met please use the emails below for any proposed visits, plant purchases (contactless) or workshops.
At level 1 the Southland Community Nursery is open to all visitors (Friday volunteer mornings and school visits).
Please follow this process prior to your visit to the Southland Community Nursery (at alert levels 1 and 2):
- All visitors to the Nursery by prior arrangement only please. Email Chris at
- For schools wanting to visit, arrange with Bronwyn at
- Please stay away if unwell, or if you have been unwell in the last 48 hours prior to the nursery visit.
- Upon arrival, please use hand sanitiser provided
- A QR code is displayed – please use the contact tracer app. Or alternatively sign in and out of the nursery session – using the sign in sheet in doorway of education centre. Please include your name, contact phone number and email address. For schools visiting, one contact person shall sign in and keep attendance records of students.
- Hand washing facilities are to be used. Remember to wash your hands for 2 minutes before you eat, or use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Bring your own gloves (if possible), food and drink, including a cup or mug
- Please advise us if you become unwell after visiting the nursery.
During the periods of lockdown we will be posting activities you can do at home on the website and facebook page - watch this space!
Chris and Bronwyn and the Nursery team
Posted: 26 August 2021