Check out Invercargill’s best facility for “all weather” hands-on environmental learning.
The Nature Education Centre was built in 2013 as part of the Southland Community Nursery to enhance your group’s visit and learning experience.
What you’ll find inside
- An enclosed workshop/classroom (12m x 12m) - suitable for messy activities such as potting up seedlings
- Environmental Resources designed to cater for a range of ages and learning levels
- Murals - depicting local Southland scenes
- Tables, chairs, projector screen, whiteboard
- Toilet, water, zip electricity
- Nursery - growing native plants
- Vegetable gardens, fruit and nut orchard areas
- Native plant restoration area, ponds and mature native forest
- Gravel track
You’ll find parking for cars and buses located at the entrance to 183 Grant Road. Follow the path through our orchard and vegetable garden area to the nursery and Nature and Education Centre.
Find out more
Find out more information about the Nature Education Centre and bookings.